Thursday 27 September 2012

Everyday we ordinary folks , not so ordinary folks (so we consider ourselves) are face with all kinds of challenges in our daily lives. I am one of those ordinary folks who have to deal with frightening challenges not so long ago and till now still facing n dealing with whatever comes my way!

Just 11 months ago , my husband was admitted to a private  hospital because he felt dizziness . Doctor said he had a mild stroke but found him to be quite stable , so moved him to a normal ward from HDU/ICU.
MRI done on that Sunday Morning about 11.30am , 16th Oct, 2011.

The next morning 17th Oct , 2012 after breakfast , he was still joking n laughing n at about 11.05am he vomitted  violently, multiple convulsions, shaking uncontrollably ,I had never seen my husband or anyone fpr that matter vomittted in such a condition!

No Doctor came to examine him n when I asked the nurse shouldn't a Doctor examine my husband ? The nurse said the Doctor on the way but instructed her to give my husband an injection to stop the vomit.
All sorts of questions ran through my mind n I know deep down that is not the way to treat a Stroke Patient.
My husband was in a Hospital n no one could help him, I watched him being sedated while I prayed in my heart please please please God help him.

My husband slept but I know oxygen is not flowing into his brain n I was just hoping that the injection that the nurse gave him could ease his pain.
My husband must have fought so so so hard, He moved his head at about 3pm n I quickly called for the nurse n said my husband could move now Is The Doctor already here to check him, the nurse said 'Oh Doctor on the way but my husband should take the 7 types of pills /medicine!
I asked ' He vomitted everything , he has an emptied stomach can he take so many pills?  Shouldn't the Doctor examine my husband first , my husband was diagnosed with mild stroke, is this the right treatment?
The nurse answered ' Doctor's orders'.
The nurse made my husband swallowed all the pills, and lowered the bed back to sleeping position n left the ward, less than 5 to 10 minutes after she left, my husband vomitted blood, blood was coming out of his nose, mouth, every part of him , shaking uncontroallby, multiple convulsions n this time almost 5 times worst than the 11.05am  attack !!!

This time when the nurse saw blood, they called a G. Practitioner who is not the Doctor that diagnosed my Husband on Sunday 16th , October, 2011.
The GP did not touch or examine my husband n told the nurse to send my husband for a Scan.
My husband was pushed to how many different rooms for Scan, whatever n finally in the ICU , by now my husband was unconscious.
The Doctor that diagnosed my husband n sent him for a MRI on Sunday 16th Oct, 2011 only turned up at 6.35pm. The MRI report taken on  Sunday already shown a clot in my husband's brain but The Doctor never look at the report , only at 6.35pm The Doctor looked at the MRI.

I will continue another day, just can't continue now,  

No comments:

Post a Comment